• AKD
    3:25 Naas - tricky race, and interesting to see the support for COMPTONS FINALE (10/3). At €28,000, he is one of the more expensive runners in the field, and only one of the top 4 yet to win a race and therefore unpenalised. He was a weak favourite last time and finished 3rd of 12 in an auction maiden at Navan (runner up from that race won next time), and has been gelded since that run. My selection is based more on potential than actual form shown so far, so I am hoping he will stay strong in betting. Patrick Prendergast had the runner up in this race last year, and his filly Cedars Of Lebanon could also run well.

Beresford Stakes (5:05 Naas) - Aidan O’Brien has completely dominated this race, having won it for last 7 years and an incredible 17 times in last 22 years, so his 3 runners are respected especially the favourite Mount Everest. Mount Everest has followed the same path as his brother Yucatan 2 years ago, winning the same Curragh maiden, and in a strange coincidence both siblings recorded exact same time (1 minute 39.6 seconds) on same going in winning that race. Yucatan only won a Group 3 at best, and was beaten in this race by his better stablemate Capri. Now it makes me wonder if Mount Everest turns out to be of similar ability as his brother, then maybe O’Brien’s string for this race is not as strong as other years? Looking at the alternatives, I have gone with POWER OF NOW (7/1), Michael O’Callaghan appears to have some good 2 year olds this season and has already had a Group 3 2nd (Bruce Wayne) this season, he usually has Leigh Roche ride his better horses and a good chance this is one of the better ones. Selection also has the course experience, having won a 19-runner maiden over this c&d on his 3rd start last time. This is a big step up in class though so he will need to improve to give his trainer his biggest win, but I am hopeful that he can run well.

Backed as small win singles, and small each way double.

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Was right to oppose the two favourites, but picked the wrong ones to win, both selections finishing out of places in 3rd.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.