• malcolm

Great to hear from you again m8 - hope you're keeping well :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks . I am ok but it has been a difficult year on a personal level, I will PM you.

Doing on the horses last few days, I post on another forum now. This is what I have backed today.

A difficult decision to bet today, but hopefully can end the month on a high.

Bet #52 - 7:40 Warwick - Lady Reset @ 3/1

Lady Reset has a very good strike rate both on flat and over jumps, having won 9 of her 39 starts to date. Competing well on flat from marks of mid 70s she has switched between two codes seamlessly. She has run in 14 handicap hurdles so far, winning 4 of them. Interestingly all 4 of these wins have come following a run on the flat, that's 4 wins from just 5 runs when following a run on the flat compared to 0 from 9 following a hurdles race. This stat improves to 4 from 4 when she has run within 8 days of flat run. So it has to be seen as a positive that she is running here just 6 days after a close 4th of 12 on the flat. She has also won 4 times in month of May (from 11 runs), 3 times on flat and once over hurdles last year.

Her 4 hurdles wins have come from marks of 96, 97, 101 & 104 so there has been a steady progression. There's a limit to how much any horse can improve though and as she is on 110 now, this is the reason it took me so long to decide whether to back her or not, I think she can still improve but it's hard to be sure.

Other reason for doubts is there are a couple of others who still look on good marks to me, but as there are question marks against those too I decided to take a chance in the end, it's all a case of weighing up risks. For interest, the two that I feel are still well treated are Fenney Brook & Prime Time Lady, but doubts against them are that Fenney is returning from 6 months off over a trip that maybe too short for her. PT Lady is potentially on a good mark having dropped to 100 now from her initial mark of 112, but she finished only 10th of 12 last time and I would like to see her in better form before taking a risk.
  • malcolm
    A stunning write up as usual m8 - good luck and thanks a lot for the PM
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.