• owenjohn
    HARLEQUIN STRIKER 4:00 Nottingham @ 7/1

Won this race last year off the same mark of 72.
    Rob Winston's only ride of the day.
    Winston rode a 25/1 winner for Dean Ivory at Brighton yesterday.

Won this last year on Good to Soft, and has won twice previously on Good ground (as well as 3 wins on Soft) so going should not be an issue.

Wouldn't worry too much about recent form...
    8 unsuccessful runs this year - 2 in April, 1 end of May, 1 in June, 2 in July, 1 in Aug & 1 in Sept (6/10 btn 5 lengths)

Very similar to programme before last year's win - 1 run in March, 1 in May, 1 in June, 2 in July, 1 in Aug & 1 in Sept (7/10 btn 3 3/4 lengths)

The win in this race last year was the horse's only run at Nottingham, and first-time cheekpieces were successfully applied for the race.
    Won at 9/2 - (RP Comments) "Made all, ridden well over 1f out, driven inside final furlong, kept on well towards finish (op 11/2) "

Today a first-time visor is applied, presumably in the hope of having a similar effect to the above.

7/1 seems a decent e/w price and it may go off shorter if they do fancy it.
  • CMB
    Nice write up mate worth an EW
  • finley
    Yep, i feel its between your selection OJ and my selection which is SHOWBOATING 16/1.....The slight concern for mine is he is drawn in stall 1 and he`s a HOLD UP horse, This is a Class 5 0-73 handicap where he runs from 9ib BELOW his last WINNING MARK in a grade is a 3 times WINNER, also its the first time he has DROPPED into this grade since March 2015,since then its been Class 2-3-4 and in that time he`s run 42 times WINNING 5 times in Class 4 handicaps.....at the very least SHOWBOATING looks a very solid EACH WAY selection.....but,i do expect yours to be the MAIN DANGER.
  • owenjohn
    Cheers Fin. Are you posting yours today mate? Car failed MOT and I could do with making some pennies!! :joke:
  • insidethestables1
    Fav looks a serious improver in this race, good luck gents
  • insidethestables1
    Unlucky, ran a good race just beaten by a ex Godolphin blue blood from an in form yard, Ian Williams, a trainer to take notice of at present
  • finley
    SHOWBOATING 16/1 collects the Place money.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.