• AKD
    Few bets for me today. Nap goes in the first at Newmarket, most of the others are big prices.

Listed Zetland Stakes (1:50 Newmarket) - Aidan O’Brien won this with Kew Gardens last year, who had earlier finished 3 lengths 2nd in the Juvenile Stakes (Group 3). That race had Group 2 Status this year and SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE (6/4) was 5th of 7 (beaten 6 lengths), but he bettered that form by finishing a length 2nd in the Royal Lodge (Group 2) here two weeks ago and is the one to beat on that form. Win bet @ 6/4

Group 1 Dewhurst Stakes (3:00 Newmarket) - if my first selection wins, that will give a boost to my selection in this race, MOHAWK (25/1) comfortably beat SOH in the Royal Lodge here. Although he has plenty of work to turn it around with Anthony Van Dyck, course form could be an advantage. Wayne Lordan rode the runner up of this race last year at 50/1, I will be happy with a place. Each way bet split, 25/1 (2 places) & 6/1 (4 places)

3:15 York - AL QAHWA (15/2) has not won since winning over this c&d last year from 3 lbs lower mark. Finished 10th (beaten 3 lengths) in this race last year. 1 lb lower this year and comes here in good form having run well in big handicaps at Curragh and Ayr last twice. Each way bet 15/2 (5 places).

Cesarewitch Handicap (3:40 Newmarket) - PRECIOUS RAMOTSWE (28/1), a Group 3 winner at up to 1m6f and 3rd in the Lancashire Oaks. Stamina is the big question mark as she is yet to race beyond 1 mile 6, but she is Group class and too big a price for me to resist. Fillies have had a good record in recent years, winning 3 of last 6. Each way bet split, 28/1 (6 places) & 16/1 (8 places).

4:10 Chepstow - MERCENAIRE (11/2) was pulled up in the Fred Winter at Cheltenham, but he has only had 4 runs and still has potential to do well. Had earlier finished 2nd (albeit a well beaten 2nd) behind a Grade 1 performer. Nick Williams (won this race in 2009) usually gets a winner or two from his early runners this time of year, hopefully this is the one. Each way bet 11/2 (3 places)

Group 3 Darley Stakes (5:25 Newmarket) - SNOWY WINTER (18/1) has the lowest rating of these but she is in good form, having gone close in the Group 3 at Gowran last time (that form was given a boost by the 4th Ship Of Dreams winning earlier in the week). She might not win but I think she will run better than her price. Each way bet split, 18/1 (2 places) & 13/2 (4 places).

Good luck.
  • JOEMUGG
    PRECIOUS RAMOTSWE 40s at some bookies 6 places and 7places
  • AKD
    Very poor day, Precious Ramotswe finished 8th but no returns on any of others.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.