• owenjohn
    Taking a punt on the positively named THE HAPPY CHAPPY in the 2:55 at Ludlow at 6/1.

This one has shortened somewhat early doors, in from 8/1 to 6/1 at B365.

Initially looked at him as he is Daryl Jacob's only ride of the day.
    Then I noticed that he won this very race last year off a 1lb higher mark.
    This is the gelding's 2nd run following a wind op, which I believe can be a positive. The run at Wetherby, 12 days ago, may have been a loosener for this having not run prior to the wind op since 27th May.

Trainer, Sarah Humphrey, does not send out a huge amount of runners so would have thought would be selective in what races she thinks could be profitable.
    in 16 years, she has had 10 runners at Ludlow, yielding 2 winners (20% win rate) with a further 2 runners up and a third.
    Jacob has had 5 career rides for the stable, yielding 1 winner (20%). He has ridden the horse once previously, which was that ride prior to the wind op.

I just have a feeling that this race may have been targetted, so if can regain some form and the wind op works, then 6/1 looks a decent enough price
  • CMB
    Following mate
  • Hippo
    Hi Owen, nice write up. i know that Stuart Edmunds fancies his in this. although shooting up the weights it would have won again last time but for an "Olly Murphy Special". Still ran really well and has improved beyond belief since joining Stuart. Ive had some small ew at 9/1 but good luck with yours and i like your write up, makes total sense
  • owenjohn
    Thanks Hippo, same to you :)
  • owenjohn
    Hard Luck Hippo. Ran into one again, by the look of it. Great effort though. Mine was useless!
  • CMB
    Not to be mate on to the next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.