• owenjohn
    Here's my clutching at straws thoughts for a couple today!

Interesting that Philip Kirby sends two down to Kempton tonight. He's only had 1 runner at the track this year (unsuccessful I must add), and that was his first one down there since 2015.

Tonight he sends out MAGELLAN in the 6:00, and ARCHIPPOS in the 6:30.
    I was drawn to the jockey bookings, James Doyle and Adam Kirby, eyecatching to say the least.

I really like the look of MAGELLAN at a current price of 10/1.
    This one will be having his first run for the stable, having switched form Roger Charlton's yard last week.
    This is probably the reason behind Doyle riding his first one for Kirby in over 5 years, (Only ever ridden once for the stable previously) as he's retained the mount on the horse that he's ridden on it's last 4 outings. Those rides include 2 comfortable course wins, admittedly in lesser grade affairs.
    Magellan is actually 3/3 on the All Weather, and has had recent experience racing in Class 2 events on the turf.
    Charlton's horses themselves have been running well of late (3 winners from 8 runners last week), so this one may be in good condition currently.
    I think that Magellan could still be improving, particularly on a surface he obviously likes. With the services of a top class jockey I think double figures odds are too big, even though it is obviously a very competitive race.

ARCHIPPOS is a little more of an unknown, but again I think 9/1 is a good e/w price, especially if the 8 runners turn out.
    Back down to his lowest, and last winning, mark of 77. This one spent most of the summer racing off ratings in the mid-80s.
    Only had a couple of tries on the a/w, pretty uninspiring, both at Newcastle.
    This is the first time that Kirby has booked Kirby!! since 2015.
    Very much more tentative on this one, and am very wary of SUNBLAZER sitting on a very handy mark, but I think he could sneak a place.

I'm going to chance a single on MAGELLAN, coupled with an e/w double on the two.
  • CMB
    Good luck mate. The Doyle one did stand out for me too but have played another EW.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.