• AKD
    Really nice novice chase at Plumpton tomorrow, and worth watching even if you don’t have a bet in it. Guillaume Macaire sends the exciting Master Dino over from France, and he is the worthy favourite but I can’t resist a little bet at 8/1 currently offered for GLENLOE, who was so unlucky to lose in the Pertemps Final. He makes his chasing debut tomorrow, he was rated superior to Knocknanuss over hurdles but is getting a lot of weight from that rival tomorrow. Of course, Knocknanuss has done very well since going chasing but Glenloe is also expected to make a better chaser and with Gordon Elliott, he is unlikely to be lacking in fitness. Only question mark for me would be that 2 and half mile maybe on the shorter side but has run well at distance before.

Only 6 runners, but I have backed it each way @ 8/1

Good luck.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Boring but Master Dino for me and s speculative ew on Lac Sucre in the big one.
  • micky
    R2 Very interesting race. Moore top weight horse under a penalty but improving. Strangely a top French hurdler is here under trainer Macaire who we see often at Pompadour not Plumpton! It is a twinned track though so good for publicity. Macaire is head and shoulders above any trainer here today having won huge prizes in France. Here to see if good enough for a tilt at Cheltenham. Irish runner too with Elliott and McManus owner and did well hurdling so also interesting. Slate House was a big talk horse for Tizzard, is good but disappointed often. Onefortheroadtom shouldn't be good enough but if you say that Moore's has too much weight, the French horse flops and Slate House under performs which is all possible then has a squeak at a tasty price. Goodmanpat may need the run.
  • AKD
    Well done, Stevie, Master Dino looked very impressive. My one a bit disappointing, but will be better for the experience and over further.
  • micky
    Is on for the Cheltenham bonus. Not at Plumpton for nothing despite already having won €650,000 !!! Could be a great story like Nupsala and The Fellow etc!!!!
  • micky
    Macaire says Scilly Isles at Sandown followed by a non 3m chase at Cheltenham for the bonus. Looks like JLT I guess. Get on early!
  • micky
    Prices all gobbled up ... too late! It is a monster tbh, but I don't think I'll plunge in at 7/1
  • Stevie Wonder
    Master Dino out for the season. Suffered hairline fracture on hind leg needing screw insertions. Hopefully recover to return next season .
  • micky
    Thanks Stevie, glad I didn't pile in on the AP.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.