• Hippo
    Was down at Charlie Manns yesterday and he is quite sweet on a few of his this week. He has two 8/1 shots running today and a few others scattered across the week. His horses are in form. however Charlie does carry a wealth warning! he ALWAYS thinks he is going to win! But thats what makes him such a character. He has broken his neck, bones in his back and regularly used to run in the Czech race foe certifiable loonies! He is incredibly popular amongst trainers and a fabulous laugh and is the life and soul of Upper Lambourn...and yes , he did try and sell us a horse!
  • Hippo
    Thanks Stevie, todays was a leap of faith but ive always done well when he he says he has a few. The good thing with him is you only need one to win to make it pay ie 16/1 today. But if you ever come down for the Stable Tours day on Good friday...put Charlie at the top of your list. Youll forget all about Henderson and co once he starts telling his stories...thats why i like Bannister on a chaser...fearless like Charlie!
  • CMB
    2.10 Chepstow Ivilnoble 7/1 EW

This was given to me lto at 40/1! I nearly didn't back it EW but was assured it would be there abouts. Ran a cracker to finish under a length 2nd. Some argued it would have won had it not run loose before hand. I have to have another go tomorrow.
  • moggy
    Don't forget The Ogle Gogle Man in the 1.05 Cheps-also Harry on a Mann chaser!
    Had his Like the Sound today at 25/1 and 33/1!
    I have followed all Charlie's horses since my visit to his previous yard a few years ago on a Red Letter Day-I was the only one there! Charlie was brilliant-breakfast with Noel Fehily, Dave Crosse and Charlie before up to the gallops, round the stable, finishing up with Charlie in his office for over half an hour chatting-he even asked if I wanted to buy the yard!-typical, great character as Hippo says . If he still does the Red Letter Days this is a great way to meet him and all his staff, he deserves more better horses in my opinion, although he does have trouble choosing the right women!
  • CMB
    I'm on Royal Tara EW 1.05 :gasp:
  • Dragon2
    Desperately unlucky CMB
  • CMB
    Yes that was painful :groan:
  • CMB
    Ivilnoble placed @ 25/1 :grin:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.