• herbie
    Understand the percentages but think jumping is factored into that
  • Hippo
    Well , just got back from Cheltenham. Thst was annoying but life i suppose. I didnt like the ride johnson was giving it and apparently nor was Murphy. He presented wrong at every hurdle. Why did he insist in getting in do tight at every hurdle when its such a natural jumper. Mistake after mistake and still would have won. I said to my party i feared it would fall when johnson kept forcing it in to every hurdle and so it proved. Johnson said it was tanking and would have won easily (his words). I think you will see Coleman riding in future.

That said, it ran a geeat race and the way the two of them sorinted clesr was v impressive. However he will never beat Champ so they will prygo sun alliance rather than Ballymore.

The thrills and spills of jump racing...i love it and wouldn’t change a thing!
  • moggy
    interesting that Johnson rides for Murphy again today! FOXTROT JULIET :smile:
  • Hippo
    Hi Moggy, hes a brilliant jockey but every now and again the jock is not the right fit for the horse and Murphy will use the Champion jockey at every opportunity but feels that Colman is a better "horseman". It happened a fe times with mccoy on Macmanus's horses. Henderson was not a huge fan of mccoys riding his horses as he prefers a quieter rider rather than McCoys kitchen sink style. mcCoy rarely rode any of Nickys not owned by JP. Thats why he rarely uses Johnson and prefers Mcgrath or Fehilly or Bass to ride his when Nicos not available. Nicky was happy to use Barry Geraghty of course because he is a real horseman and horses get in a rhythm for him, similar to Ruby in his heyday. Mccoy always said Ruby was a better horseman - a natural- than him but McCoy was stronger in a finish.

So om not knocking Richard Johnson - he is brilliant, but id like to see Coleman or Fehily ride Brewin next time. But as ai said earler it will never beat Champ who must be considered a good thing for Chelt now
  • Hippo
    I see Brewin is 14/1 for the Ballymore so my 50/1 is looking better all the time. Champ at 4/1 still looks massive to me though!
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.