• AKD
    Tricky novice handicap chase, Come On Charlie is a rare runner for Phillip Hobbs at Fakenham. Hobbs has only ever sent 8 horses here (3 of them won, but all 3 were odds on), this one has been in good form over hurdles but makes his chasing debut today. He has made mistakes over hurdles, and these fences at Fakenham aren’t the easiest for first-timers, and jockey is yet to ride a winner from 18 rides over fences (has 3 wins over hurdles), for those reasons I am looking elsewhere, though I wouldn’t rule him out as he is in good form and starting off on a manageable level and he also has an advantage that his three main rivals are all making a quick return after running last week. Two of them Stonebrigg Legend and Primal Focus ran over course and distance last week, SL coming ahead by 3 lengths but is not certain to confirm the placings under a 7 lbs penalty, but Primal Focus is a bit one paced so not sure he can take advantage of favourable terms, PF is worth considering for back to lay though as he usually trades lower in running. Which leaves me with MR LOVE as my selection, he isn’t without negatives either, as he has started at 3/1 or shorter (4 of them as favourite) on 6 of his 9 starts and is yet to justify that support. And although he also ran just 11 days ago, he wasn’t given a hard race, finishing 6th of 12. That was his first run for almost a year and first since having a wind surgery. He could be well handicapped judged on his 2nd at Market Rasen a year ago from 4 lbs higher. Lucy Wadham has a good record in chases here, including with novices, 19 wins from 58 (33% strike rate, +19 LSP). Leighton Aspell is also in good form, with 4 from 11 (+3 LSP) in last fortnight with horses priced 5/1 or shorter. Tricky race as I say can’t rule out completely any of them but hoping for a good run from Mr Love.

Small win bet on Mr Love @ 4/1

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Unseated at the first, just how my day has been. Sorry.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.