• AKD
    2:40 Beverley - Tatsthewaytodoit, who is now a non runner, was not even in first 3 in betting despite having a rating of 76, which suggests to me this is a strong race and the winner likely to come from those at top of betting. I backed the winner of the race that Sound Of Dubai and Billian finished 2nd & 3rd in last week, both of these are drawn wide today, but Sound Of Dubai was drawn wide last time too and I thought he did really well. Ey Up It’s Maggie ran a blinder to finish 3rd on York debut and she has got a good draw in 1. I couldn’t decide between top two in betting so gone looking for an each way option. Declan Carroll can very occasionally get debut winners, he hasn’t had a 2yo debut winner since 2017 though (had 2 that year), 26 debutants since then with no winners and only 3 placers, he had one run well to finish 4th @ 20/1 few days ago, so I don’t think it will be a big surprise if FIRST COMPANY (14/1) runs well. He has got a good draw in stall 2 and also has Daniel Tudhope booked who does very well at Beverley. Tudhope is 3 from 12 on Carroll’s 2 year olds over last 2 years (none of the winners on debut though, couple of 4th places including 14/1 from 3 on debut). Tudhope is the leading jockey here over last couple of years with 24% strike rate (18 from 75), it improves to 7 from 24 over 5 furlongs (5 from 7 when he has the first two stalls). So although I am not expecting a win as there is strong form at top of market, I think there is a good chance of a finish in first 3 especially with two of the top 3 in betting drawn wide.

Selection - First Company e/w @ 14/1

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Top 3 well clear of the rest as the betting suggested. My one only 8th.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.