• JOEMUGG
    Since lockdown I have found racing to be a complete bore may be its lack of crowds or how
    iffy some of the races look.
    But ive found boring and I really am struggling to get into it
    Anyone else feel the same lol
  • JOEMUGG
    must say I have found the football crap with no crowd too
  • Mugz
    What we have lost is the structure of the season. There is a well established pattern to the flat season and it works, people know whats coming up and look forward to be big festivals and big races. What we have seen is a complete mish mash of top races and jam packed betting shop fodder cards. Its been hard to digest.

Hopefully the NH season will proceed as normal and I think that will regenerate a lot of punters enthusiasm, particularly if we start getting crowds in.
  • Mugz
    the league matches with little to play for were terrible to watch. I actually enjoyed the FA Cup Final this year, and the Champions League games have been very good.
  • Mugz
    This Man City game is really good.
  • JOEMUGG
    getting desperate for them
  • Mugz
    The 4 teams who were fresher going into the QF's have gone through, 2 German and 2 French. Lyon were 10/1 to win tonight.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Slightly disagree Joe. OK not as good w/o crowds but given the circumstances, I think the free tv coverage by ITV has been excellent with a good balance of proper race coverage and gereral trivia to appeal to the wider non racing fanatic audience. Conversely, football has been ruined without crowds and is painful to watch.Solution is to take care of vulnerable people and oldies and let the young get on with it. Ecoomy has been destroyed. We've been led by f/wits who have carried out knee jerk reaction to highly dubious 'scientific' advice. Sweden got it right. What a joke insisting on quarantine returning from places like France. Simple solution which should have been dome months ago - test all people leaving country and all people coming in! Party political broadcast obo The Sensible Party UK (one member so far).❤
  • finley
    Personally ive really enjoyed the tv coverage, albeit can`t wait to go to a actual meeting
  • eeza
    Crowds at racing don't make it any better for me but the football needs crowds. Sitting at home with a season ticket has driven me round the bend. Seen all our games on tv but not a patch on the real thing.
  • Spindrifter
    basically every race in Ireland is now fixed to f*** if it ain't 20/1+ it ain't winning
  • stainless
    With you Joe bored stiff.
  • peregrine
    Top and bottom of it is it cost nowt watching at home and your not getting ripped off . Yes the footy games look like training sessions and are hard without the atmosphere from the crowds. The var is run by people who have never played the game and some of the decisions well no need to comment on that score. Another plus on the racing front you don't have too put up with pissed up Apaches . The young ones I've never witnessed what a selfish bunch of I'm alright jack's. They have no respect .for their elders or the police . Look at how they think the virus won't affect them and they don't give a shit about spreading it if they are carrying it or have the symptoms.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.