• AKD
    Might have a few small bets for interest today, depends on how well it starts.

First one in the opener at Market Rasen, small win on Balagan (5/4), only just failed to give weight away last time. Rhosneigr the highest rated but big step up in trip going beyond 2 miles for first time, so I am doing newcomer Art Approval for the forecast.
  • Valuefinder
    I’m not betting but if it continues to dry out there (haven’t checked out the forecast but heard the ground might be quite quick), I would be taking on Rhosneigr, as think he’s best with a bit of cut. Good luck mate.
  • AKD
    Thanks mate, hope you are right. Just experimenting a bit today by betting closer to race time, will see how it goes.
  • AKD
    Just to add about the distance, although officially it says 2 and half miles, there are 246 yards added due to rails adjustment, that’s more than a furlong extra.
  • AKD
    Phew
  • AKD
    12:55 Ripon

This one a bit more trickier, Party Spirit has a good chance if you can forgive her last run, but small bet on Urban War (5/4) who may just improve enough 2nd time out.
  • AKD
    1:30 Ripon

Handicaps now, so have to be bit more cautious, taken Equidae each way at 9/2, Jardine’s runner in first race ran on well and this one has a good chance too. Look out for 3yo Cindy Lopper, Amy Murphy is having a good day and her runner Blessed To Impress isn’t out of this, I see those two as main dangers.
  • AKD
    3rd, so money back, but had seriously thought about backing place only on exchange at 2.10, bad choice of bet.
  • AKD
    2:10 Cork - favourite Anjalawi ran well on debut and has a chance but price is quite short given it’s a competitive looking maiden. Dame Dandy has made the frame all 3 starts so far, and I have backed her to finish in first 3 at 1.92 on exchange. Thought about backing for win but there are a few dangers including the Joseph O’Brien newcomer.
  • AKD
    Just missed out on a place, should have known the place price was too good to be true. Was right to oppose the short priced favourite though.

Last bet of the day, still ahead at the moment but if next one loses then it will be break even for the day, but hopefully can end up in profit.

2:45 Cork - it’s a match really and both have a chance, but have to go with Arctician (8/13) who has run in Group races last twice, form of last race working out well with runner up winning a Group 1 next time.
  • AKD
    Big drift and lost. I should have quit after first two races.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.