• AKD
    3:35 Stratford - tricky looking race as most of these are returning from a break. Coillte Eile continues to drop down the weights but she is not showing anything to suggest she can take advantage of it yet (beaten 25+ lengths on each of her last 5 runs), I do think she will run better than last time and maybe place chances but unlikely winner.

Henry’s Joy looks fairly well handicapped, he has won off higher marks and in higher class. Both his wins at 2 and half miles though, with rails adjustment adding 240 yards today this is nearly 3 and half miles. Only time previously, he ran further than 3 miles he finished very tired, that was on soft though so I will give him the benefit of doubt and won’t completely rule him out.

Fort Gabriel usually runs well fresh, but this is the first time he is running over hurdles since 2015, and Poppy Bridgwater doesn’t have a great record when riding for her father.

NORTH STAR OSCAR has less question marks than the others, he is pretty consistent and relatively unexposed and stays well. Only 4 lbs higher than when winning at Huntingdon in November, this race is not much stronger than that one. He has had a wind surgery, only question would be about the fitness.

Sandy Boy is the one I rate as biggest danger, has won at up to 3 miles. In three tries over further, unseated once and well beaten on other two, but again one of those was on soft going so can’t say definitely that he doesn’t stay. And he has placed form here, albeit in a weaker race.

So, North Star Oscar is my selection @ 5/2, with Sandy Boy as a big danger and Henry’s Joy also not ruled out.

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Going turned really bad. Selection drifted to 10/3 and finished a distant 2nd.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.