• AKD
    3:25 - IBALLISTICWIN hasn’t won for nearly 3 years but this is such a poor race that he must have a good chance in this. His last win in October 2017 was in a handicap from mark off 65. Finished 3rd of 14 in a similar race to this on AW here on reappearance, but he most likely needed the run as also suggested by betting as he drifted from 13/2 to 16/1. Birkie Queen was 4 lengths ahead of him, but she is not certain to repeat it on turf and with my one likely to come on for that run I think he can turn it around. He has won here on turf here and also run well other times, record of 3314F024, fall was when he still had a chance and 0 when priced 22/1. Officer Drivel is having first run on turf flat since May 2018, finished 4th of 12 off 65 in a handicap on that occasion. I don’t think he will win but has good place chances if running anywhere close to that form. I have put him in for the forecast and also done place only on exchange at 4.50 (7/2)

4:30 - this is a long shot, GRATOT has a nice pedigree and was previously with John Gosden but never saw the track so clearly must have had some problems. Finally made his debut for Heather Main last month, and interestingly was backed down to 5/1 from 33/1 but finished only 5th of 8 (beaten almost 20 lengths). This longer trip should suit and could run better than his price. Maybe interesting jockey booking too, Martin Dwyer has ridden for the trainer only 4 times, 3 of them this month, results - 3rd of 10 @ 12/1, 1st of 10 @ 33/1, 4th/11 @ 25/1, 6th/10 @ 50/1.

Selections - Iballisticwin win @ 5/2, Officer Drivel place only @ 4.50, and a straight forecast. Gratot e/w @ 40/1, and e/w extra 4 places @ 22/1

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Poor again, all bets lost.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.