• AKD
    2:40 Windsor - 17th running of this Listed contest, it has attracted a strong field in last few years and that is again the case this year, it could easily be classed a Group 3 race. One of the interesting trends for this race has been the performance of horses that ran in the Glorious Stakes at Goodwood. There have only been 16 horses that ran in that race at Goodwood and then ran in this, out of them 4 won. If you exclude the 5 horses that had another race in between Goodwood and this, then it’s 4 winners from just 11 runners with a level stakes profit of 23.5 pts. Top 3 in betting today are all coming here straight after running at Goodwood.

Alounak - top rated on 114, yet to win since coming to UK, surprise winner(14/1) of a Group 3 (1m2f) in Germany last year, also won a couple of Listed races there. Behind his two main rivals at Goodwood, it was the 3rd time he was finishing behind Desert Encounter, so I think he needs to improve a bit but 5 year olds have a good record in this race.

Communique - winner of two Group 2s (both at Newmarket), 4 of his 7 career wins, including last 3, have come at Newmarket. Ran well again there to finish 2nd in Princess of Wales Stakes (a race he had won last year), but since then has finished last at Goodwood and Newbury so has a bit to prove at the moment.

Desert Encounter - 3 from 3 here, including on this card for last two years. Won this race in 2018, and the Group 3 Winter Hill last year. Had a great season last year, with back to back wins in three Group 3s before winning the Group 1 in Canada for 2nd time. 8 year old now, and I feel he may have reached his peak last season but still too dangerous to ignore his chance. Return of Jamie Spencer, who is 4 from 8 on him is a positive.

Floating Artist - winner of a 3yo handicap from a mark of 100 at Ascot last year, but yet to make his mark in pattern company. Only 8 runs so far so improvement not ruled out, but others have stronger credentials.

Le Don De Vie - narrowly behind Desert Encounter at Goodwood, but found himself ‘boxed in’ at a crucial stage in the race, and once he got in the clear he was gaining on the runner up with every stride. Has only had 11 runs, so still open to improvement.

Sextant - beaten nearly 10 lengths in the Geoffrey Freer (Group 3) on reappearance, it was slight improvement on his run in same race last year. Won a 4-runner Listed contest at Chester last year, but this is much stronger so needs to improve, he probably still has a bit of improvement in him though, I think he has place chances.

Difficult final choice between Desert Encounter and LE DON DE VIE for me, and I usually get these wrong. On one side it’s the proven quality of Desert Encounter who also has good record at course, on other side it’s the young horse who is still improving and was maybe unlucky last time, I have gone with the latter this time. I think Sextant has place chances, and if one of the other two underperform then he could be the one for the forecast spot.

Bet - win on Le Don De Vie @ 11/4, place only on Sextant @ around 4.0 on exchange

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Le Don De Vie wins @ 3/1 SP. Sextant out of places in 4th.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.