• AKD
    4:35 Yarmouth - you would think after all the non runners, this 3-runner race would be easy but that is far from the case. I can’t rule out any of the three, and probably should leave it alone but as I have spent time looking at it I am going to have a small bet for bit of interest.

Favourite Mashmoom has the most consistent form but she has also finished 2nd last twice, both times at short prices. I generally like to stay away from such horses. They have gone for the headgear now and that could help, trainer has used the cheekpieces very effectively on 2yos, record of 14 from 41 (+23 LSP) with first time cheekpieces. But even if they work, there is still a possibility that one of other two could improve past her.

First Prophet was sent off 2nd favourite for the Chesham, but was well beaten in last, going was soft at Ascot and it makes me wonder if going was the reason for poor run? He would have been closely matched with the original favourite Line Of Departure on their last run, so is interesting with that one out of the race, but going is the question mark, good chance if he handles it.

In the end, I decided to go with the outsider of 3, IGOTATEXT, he also ran at Royal Ascot (in Coventry Stakes) and also finished last, but unlike First Prophet he was an unfancied 66/1 shot. Gelded after that run, he was a maybe a bit disappointing last time when only 5th at Wolverhampton, but he was drawn wide, and of the 4 ahead of him there were once-raced horses from Burke & Bell and a newcomer from Tregoning, so maybe it wasn’t a bad race for the track. Archie Watson does very well on nursery debuts, 17 from 66 (+5 LSP) but improves to 14 from 30 (+19 LSP) with those priced 5/1 or shorter. Trainer’s record in nurseries at Yarmouth is 211, including a win in this race last year although that was with a very short priced 4/9.

So a tricky race, any of the 3 could win so I have gone with the one that’s biggest price currently.

Small win bet on Igotatext @ 9/4

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Wins @ 5/2. No stopping Hollie Doyle at the moment.
  • malawi
    nice tip well done
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.