• AKD
    6:45 Wolverhampton - a few 3/4 year olds in there but there are some potentially well handicapped horses among the older ones, and these are the ones I am concentrating on. There are a couple I like, one is SHEPHERDS PURSE, he has run well all four tries over this c&d - 3 of the runs were in Oct/Nov last year - 1 1/3 length win off 58, 1 length 3rd off 62, under a length 5th off 63, he runs off 56 today. Not so good this season, but even his 2 1/2 3rd off 60 two runs ago gives him place chance at least. Poor run last time at Ponty despite having a good draw, so that’s a negative.

Other horse is less obvious, REQUINTO DAWN has not won since his only handicap win (3yo) over 2 years ago, but he is 23 lbs lower than that win and I feel he will win a small race one of these days. He was very well backed for a similar race to this at Lingfield in June, and only got caught on the line. 3 poor runs on turf since then have seen his handicap mark drop to 4 lbs lower than that Lingfield race. Only run here once before, and well beaten but it was after a 6 month break and he most likely needed the run as he was a big drifter out to 20/1, so I would take no notice of that run. Any market support today would be interesting.

I wouldn’t completely rule out Ginvincible, who is returning from a long break, but James Given usually has them ready. Still not easy to win over 5 furlongs with such a long absence though, and 33/1 at the moment so unlikely but keep an eye on betting.

So I have split my stake on two, Shepherds Purse @ 9/1 & Requinto Dawn @ 11/1, both each way.

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Thanks, Stevie. Poor today, no show at all from Requinto Dawn after the drift in betting. Shepherds Purse ran better, and looked sure to place after going 2.58 in running but lost several places at the finish to end up 5th I think.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.