• AKD
    I am short of time so not giving a detailed write up.

It’s another very competitive handicap, but there are couple I like in this. KOS (25/1) has only had 6 runs, first five of those all on softer going and well beaten in all of them. Last time on handicap debut on good going, although he was still beaten 20 lengths (6th of 10) I don’t think it was a bad run. It was his first run for over a year, and that looked a stronger race than this, winner scored again from 6 lbs higher at Tramore yesterday. Selection is 1 lb lower and wears cheekpieces for first time, and I don’t think he needs to improve a lot to finish in first 3/4 here. Owner Barry Connell is yet to have a winner from 11 runners since taking out trainers license, but has had a couple placed at 20/1 & 18/1.

Other one is SCULLYS DREAM (14/1), despite being shorter price of the two I feel this is riskier. Best effort over hurdles was 6th of 20 at Leopardstown in March from a mark of 109. 3 runs in beginners chases, 2nd/12, 6th/14, 6th/8, worst run was the most recent. Starts handicaps on mark of 102, which is not impossible on his best form but does need to do better than last time.

I have backed Kos each way @ 25/1, 4 places available with Betfred @ 22/1. And a much smaller win only bet on Scullys Dream.

Good luck.
  • AKD
    No good. Kos seemed to be running ok for some way, made a mistake late on but my guess is that he also didn’t stay the trip as he weakened right out of it in last half mile. Other one, Scullys Dream was gambled down to 11/2 and ran much better and only got caught at the finish, but I did that one win only.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.