• AKD
    Capparattin - big prices and well beaten all 5 starts, including on handicap debut last time. First time hood and tongue tie, and step up in distance, some of these things could see him run better but still asking a lot for him to win it.

Christopher Robin - step up in trip and a dropping handicap mark saw him return to form with 1st, 4th & 2nd in his last 3 runs, up 4 lbs for latest 2nd makes things harder, but still has a chance in current form.

Damut I’m Out - twice a winner over fences here, but showed he is equally effective over hurdles when winning at Southwell last time. That win puts him on a career-high mark but he is in good form at the moment so wouldn’t rule him out.

Del Duque - won on handicap debut at Uttoxeter last time, that form looks quite ordinary (only 1 of his rivals had won a race within last 2 years). He is still unexposed though and could be suited by step up in trip, so wouldn’t rule him out but does need to improve in what is a better race than last time.

Envol De La Cour - 4th of 10 on return at Southwell last time (closely matched with Damut I’m Out on that run), but mostly disappointing last couple of seasons albeit from much higher marks. He is fairly prominent in betting again today, but hard to have much confidence in him.

Gray Day - narrowly beaten by stablemate Wazowski last time, 1 lb better off with that rival today. Has not won since a novice hurdle in 2017 (over this c&d), but remains on a potentially good mark.

Grageelagh Girl - returning fairly quickly after a wind surgery, will have to see if that has improved her. On a losing run of 14 (finished 2nd or 3rd in 7 of those), a few others in the race appear to have better chances.

Leith Hill Lad - pulled up on both starts last season, last of 6 finishers on return for new trainer. Has continued to drop down the handicap, but has shown nothing in last two years to suggest he can take advantage of it.

Loch Linnhe - won over fences when last seen 17 months ago, was also running well over hurdles not long before that. Such long absences don’t seem to be a problem with this trainer though. Her two runners on the flat this season that were returning from similar absences won @ 14/1 and finished 2nd @ 22/1. And her only jumps runner that returned from similar absence last season placed 3rd @ 12/1. It is a competitive race so fitness may still play some part but his form is good enough so wouldn’t rule him out.

Meldrum Lad - has run well over fences off much higher marks than this in past, but he is 11 now and it’s more than 6 years since his last hurdles win, so unlikely.

Phoebus Lescribaa - running well enough without going close, only 1 win from 17 (1 lb lower now than that win in May 2019). Disappointing on all 3 runs over further than 2 mile 5, so bit of doubt about stamina but if he stays then he looks overpriced. Often trades a lot shorter in running, so that could be worth looking into.

Samson’s Reach - last of 10 on all weather latest, nearly 2 years since his last win, but still only 2 lbs lower. Has a good record here though with 1 win (bumper) and two places (hurdles, 2nd off 6 lbs higher and 3rd off 2 lbs higher).

Starcrossed - failed to beat a single rival in 3 runs spread over last 2 years. Returns from another long absence and impossible to fancy.

Tango Echo Charlie - placed in all 3 starts in novice hurdles, it’s a competitive race to be making his handicap debut in so I think he needs to improve a bit.

Wazowski - record of 22121 at Bangor, got the better of more fancied stablemate Gray Day over c&d last time but not certain to confirm that on today’s drier going.

Another competitive handicap, I considered backing Phoebus Lescribaa but I just have doubts about him staying, might still back him to lay in running. Loch Linnhe another that could run well at a big price. McCain’s pair have to be respected here, Christopher Robin also has a chance and Del Duque is open to improvement, but I decided to go with recent winning form of DAMUT I’M OUT, and he has a good record here. The two I want to oppose are Grageelagh Girl and Envol De La Cour as I think they are shorter price than they should be (watch one of them win now).

Selection - small e/w on Damut I’m Out @ 8/1

Good luck.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.