• AKD
    Dutch Story - yet to hit form this season, including a disappointing effort last time at Yarmouth, a course where he has a good record. He is proven in the conditions though, so wouldn’t rule out a return to form.

Hedging - only 2 runs this season, ran ok on first of them but disappointing last time. Although he has won over a mile, his best form is at 7 so I think return to this trip will suit. Goes on any going, and has run well over this c&d before - 2nd off 75 in a nursery, and close 3rd off 65 in a similar handicap two years ago, on 63 today so I think that gives him a chance.

Inner Circle - c&d winner (nursery) and on same mark as when a close 3rd here last month, but this looks a more competitive race.

John Clare - only career win (from 16 runs) came here in a nursery 2 years ago, but still remains 1 lb higher than that win.

Lexi The One - had been in good form prior to disappointing at Newmarket last time. Stays well, so that could be an advantage in these conditions, but she is still a maiden after 12 runs (placed 5 times).

Mr Millarcky - keeps doing just enough, this the reason he hasn’t gone up a huge amount in handicap despite winning his last 3 races. These are very different conditions though, and this maybe slightly better than the race he won here last month.

Rains Of Castamere - both wins on all weather, but has run well on turf too so I wouldn’t rule him out. Conditions an unknown, but ran ok enough on soft at Haydock - 3 lbs better off with Lexi The One for finishing 1 length behind.

Tyche - outran her odds to finish 4th/11 on handicap debut at Wolverhampton last time. On same mark, and I think she will pick up a small race somewhere but not sure it will be against the older horses today.

Winkleman - c&d winner (good to firm) last year, but still 3 lbs higher than that win.

Woodcock - starts handicaps on a mark of 69 after 3 runs in maidens. Middle of those runs on soft (4th of 9 @ 40/1) gives him a chance.

Conditions are expected to be very testing, there are a few 3 year olds near top of my list - Rains Of Castamere, Lexi The One & Woodcock, but my experience is that older, exposed horses do better in testing conditions. And there are 4 c&d winners among the older ones so a pretty competitive race. I have gone with one that hasn’t won over c&d but has run well over it, small each way bet on HEDGING @ 12/1. Dutch Story could also run well.

I noticed last year’s winner STALLONE (with a different trainer) was entered in this race again, and he had an entry in a race at Pontefract yesterday, but goes for the 6 furlongs race (3:50) instead, so maybe worth a look.

Good luck.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.