• owenjohn
    I've chosen a highly competitive looking opening race to make a selection but fingers crossed I'm hoping racecourse experience amongst other factors will pay off.

BANGKOK 1:50 Newmarket - currently 6/1 (B365)

Initially caught my eye, due to SDS riding. This will only be his second ever ride for Andrew Balding.
    One of only two horses in the field to have raced twice, I'm hoping that the little bit of extra experience will pay dividends.

I'm putting all my eggs into the basket that this one can reproduce the form of his racecourse debut, and perhaps even improve on it!!!

That race was just over a month ago, on the July course.
    BANGKOK finished 2nd beaten a neck by SANGARIUS, over 7 furlongs, with the two pulling 6 lengths clear of the 3rd & 4th horses.
    (Sangarius has had one outing since, Winning again, in a listed event at Doncaster a couple of weeks ago. That day he had a 96 rated horse over two lengths back in 2nd, with a 94 rated horse a further length back in 3rd.)
    The 4th horse, MORDRED, went out next time and won a C4 Novice at Chester, again the front two pulled well clear here. He has been given an OR of 89, and is actually entered in the 2:25 here today (with Ryan Moore booked).

This is an 18-runner event today, so wide open, but only 8 have raced previously (BANGKOK one of only two to have raced twice).
    Only one debutant has won this race in the past 8 years, and that was EMINENT in 2016.

RP Comments on BANGKOK's 2nd run (4th of 11 in a C3 at Ascot) say "took keen hold, tracked leaders, ridden and not quicken 2f out, one pace after (op 8/11)" So I'm hoping to excuse him for this.

HOWEVER, interestingly, the winner that day is also back out here today in the shape of PRINCE EIJI, running in the 3:35. Currently 11/4, should BANGKOK win the opener those odds will probably take a dive!

As I said, it's probably putting all my eggs in one basket with regards the piece of form from that Novice Stakes last month, BUT there is a tenuous form line through the three horses and it could be worth a dabble on a little multi before the first race!
  • Rodeo
    Open looking race mate,i meself have gone for Kick On! 11/2 e/w but i wish you luck mate. :wink:
  • CMB
    Well done Rodeo
  • Rodeo
    Tx :wink:
  • owenjohn
    Great Shout Rod. Well done mate :wink: :up: :clap:
  • Bodger
    WD Rod.
  • calvert
    Nice one Rodeo
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.