• AKD
    Princess Royal Stakes (2:25 Newmarket) - MRS SIPPY (11/4) had won a strong Doncaster maiden in a good time on her 2nd start (horses behind her included the Lillie Langtry winner Pilaster). Has improved this season, not disgraced in Lancashire Oaks and won a Listed race in France last time. Doesn’t need to improve a great deal and there is every chance she will improve a bit.

4:15 Downpatrick - NATIVE LASS (3/1) is only 1 from 17, but has been found a good opportunity to win a weak beginners chase after running well in handicaps. She is the clear pick at these weights. Cerealice could be a danger if she takes to jumping fences first time.

7:45 Newcastle - IM DAPPER TOO (11/1) is 6 lbs lower than when 6th of 14 (beaten 7 lengths) in class 4 over 1 mile here earlier in the season. That form gives him a chance, and jockey is riding well showing a level stakes profit over the last month. I have doubts about the drop back to 7 furlongs, not certain that it will suit but as he is a good price I have taken the risk.

8:45 Newcastle - it took SILK MILL BLUE (4/1) 20 races to open his account last time over this c&d. Raised 4 lbs for that but he still looks reasonably well handicapped to go close in a similar race if the wide draw doesn’t prove to be a hindrance.

Good luck.
  • owenjohn
    Enjoy reading your reasoning AKD. Good Luck today :up:
  • finley
    Great write ups O.J....best of luck mate
  • Bodger
    Mrs Sippy was one of MJ's horses to follow.

Wasn't helped by Frank being slowly away and giving the field a 5 lengths start. He tried to ease it up the field by about the halfway mark, got upsides the leader at the furlong point, pressed the button, but then in the long battle to the line I reckon that earlier effort expended made all the difference between winning and coming second.
  • AKD
    Thanks guys.

Luckless day as I think at least 3 of my selections went odds on in running, but no winners just 3 placers at 11/4, 3/1 & 12/1.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.