• AKD
    Thanks, Maxh.

So unlucky with Wicklow Brave (28/1) caught on the line, trading at 1.21 in running.
  • Maxh
    Moving along nicely
  • Maxh
    Could have made a nice place pot with one to go
  • AKD
    Didn’t do the placepot but unlucky with Praeceps (20/1) finishing 6th, I needed it in first 5 for my each way trebles (2 winners and 2 placers so far), just hoping Meticulous at least places in the last to still give me a profit.
  • AKD
    4 winners today but prices were short so backing at level stakes would have showed a loss today, plenty of placers including at 28/1, 25/1 & 20/1

Scores at halfway stage

Top rated - 16 sels, 5 winners, +2.61 LSP
    High distance - 10 sels, 3 winners, +8.36 LSP
    Last race form - 13 sels, 0 winners , -13 LSP, this method has been very unlucky, at least 6 placers at 20/1+ prices but no winners
    Course form - 6 sels, 2 winners, -2.39 LSP
    Last time a Leopardstown - 14 sels, 2 winners, -5 LSP
  • AKD
    Tomorrow’s (will update in morning if any changes)

1:30 - Real Steel (TR, LF), Defi Du Seuil (CF)
    2:10 - Walk To Freedom (TR), Cuneo (LL)
    2:50 - Road To Respect (TR, HD, LL), Monalee (HD, CF), Footpad (CF, LL), Frodon (TR), Un De Sceaux (CF)
    3:30 - Paisley Park (TR, HD), Faugheen (CF)
    4:10 - Janika (TR)
    4:50 - Posh Trish (TR), Queenohearts (LF)
    5:30 - Livelovelaugh (TR, LL), Treackle Tart (LF)
  • AKD
    Un De Sceaux doesn’t qualify as a selection at the moment as it’s bigger than 5/1, no other changes from last night.
  • AKD
    Results after 3 days

Top rated - 24 sels, 7 winners, +2.49 LSP
    High distance - 14 sels , 4 winners, +6.74 LSP
    Last race form - 16 sels, 0 winners , -16 LSP
    Course form - 12 sels, 4 winners, +1.11 LSP
    Last time at Leopardstown - 18 sels , 2 winners, -9 LSP
  • AKD
    Current qualifiers for today

1:30 - Sir Erec (TR, LL)
    2:10 - Thistle Do Nicely (LF), Cut The Mustard (LL), Eclair De Beaufeu (LL)
    2:50 - Birchdale (TR), Derrinross (TR), Commander Of Fleet (LL), Rhinestone (LL)
    3:30 - Clan Des Obeaux (TR, CF) Native River (TR), Presenting Percy (CF), Bellshill (LL), Kemboy (LL)
    4:10 - Ucello Conti (TR)
    4:50 - Brelan Das (LF), Minds Eye (LL)
    5:30 - Early Doors (TR, LF), Dallas Des Pictons (LL)
  • AKD
    Final results

Top rated - 31 sels, 8 winners, +1.49 LSP
    High Distance - 15 sels, 4 winners, + 5.74 LSP
    Last race form - 19 sels, 1 winner, -13 LSP
    Course form - 14 sels, 4 winners, -0.89 LSP
    Last time at Leopardstown - 27 sels, 2 winners, -17

Bit disappointing overall, but last race form method was very unlucky with a lot of big priced runners going close, it would have been profitable if done as each way. Only real disappointment was the Leopardstown method as Leopardstown form really didn’t work out well at Cheltenham this time.
  • Maxh
    Many thanks for a really interesting approach and detailed hard work
    I noticed that speed six 'last time out' figures threw up some interesting possibilities
    Also timeform 123 work very well for the first 3 days and produced about 4 or 5 tricasts in that order
    Food for thought!
    Perhaps now is a good time for colleagues on the board to record their impressions while they are fresh. I'm always trying to recollect some of the more painful learnings one year later!
    I am still trying to figure out why Thursdays racing was not the most profitable in my extended history of wagering horses. 4 real fancies at generous odds but I for one failed to combine them.
  • Maxh
    Nobody has responded to my call for personal observations on the festival
    Obviously you're all too busy picking winners?
    But there are some insights alongside the pain and it may be worth recording them.
    Take a look at today's racing Post a little feature on page 6 called "Recurring Theme"which could be the basis of somebody is 4th June next year!
    In short the observation is that the ultima the Coral cup and Martin pipe were all won by horses who were beaten in the same race a year earlier racing on or near the same Mark having finished 3rd or 4th previous year.
    David Jennings further observesthat of the 7 handicaps not confined to novices 5 were won by horses beaten in handicaps the previous year
    He finishes the piece with a sporting proposal for the grand annual in 2020!
    So hopefully akd will play again next year with this additional ammo.
    Now forward to the small problem of aintree
  • Maxh
    Is 4th June= fortune
  • AKD
    Interesting observations, Maxh, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to Aintree.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.