• AKD
    Nicky Henderson won this race for last 3 years with horses that went on to be rated in 130s/140s, but Henderson hasn’t sent a runner this year so this is a weaker renewal. Favourite Stony Stream has good form in bumpers and he has a good chance if he takes to hurdles first time, but I have taken a chance on ARTICLE FIFTY (5/2) who has official rating of 118, and has first run for Dan Skelton. Previously with Warren Greatrex, for whom he won on bumper debut after being bought for £115,000 but has now been sold for just £6,000. The horse has clearly had problems, and this is his 2nd wind operation, and I am pinning my hopes on this having been more successful than earlier wind operation, if it has sorted out his breathing then he has a good chance of winning this, if not then he could run poorly again, so it is a risky bet and stakes have to be kept small. Skelton won this race 4 years ago with one rated 108, that one was very strongly backed, so market maybe a guide to this one’s chances.

Also interesting is Mark Walford newcomer Miss Charlton who is 40/1, interesting because Walford also trains both her sisters Miss Conway (4th @ 50/1 in maiden hurdle over c&d) and Miss Amelia, neither of them won over hurdles, Miss Conway won over fences from OR of up to 96 and Miss Amelia off 83. If Miss Charlton is of similar ability to her sisters then it shouldn’t be enough for her to win or place today and she may be for class 4/5 handicaps next year, but I will be watching how she runs anyway.

Small win bet on Article Fifty @ 5/2

Good luck.
  • dodd
    Unlucky mate. Found absolutely nothing at the business end of the race having traveled and jumped well for the large part. That fav has done well to find for the pressure it was under from about half a mile out. Be interesting to see your selection back at 2m.
  • AKD
    Thanks, Dodd. Bit disappointed with that run really, backed into 5/4 and looked to be going well but as you say found nothing when it mattered.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.