• owenjohn
    SUMMER BLOSSOM 1:30 Nottingham @ 7/1 (B365)

Caught my eye that Danny Tudhope is at Nottingham for the opener, on this Archie Watson fillie, and then goes off to Newcastle for a few well-fancied rides.

Tudhope riding for Archie Watson this year 9/28 (32% Win rate) with a further 9 x 2nds and 4 x 3rds.
    This improves to 7/17 (41% Win rate) on stable 2 year olds, and that includes Four rides on this horse this year finishing 5-2-3-2!!

Watson is 2/4 (50%) at Nottingham this year. (1 from 1 with 2 year olds)

Horse’s OR today is 73. Has been running consistently off 76 in a couple of Class 5 Handicaps, finishing 2nd & 3rd.
    I know that the OR doesn’t come into calculations in today’s maiden but I’m just pointing out that the mark around mid-70s looks about right at present, with improvement possible.
    The reason being when looking back at recent winners of this race….
    2017 - Kodiac Express (division 2 of the race) OR - 71.
    2016 - Trick of The light - next time out given an OR of 75
    2015 - Comedy Night - OR 72
    2014 - Just Us Two - Next time out given an OR of 80
    2013 - Amakoro - Next time out an OR of 75
    2012 - Senator Bong - Next time out an OR of 75
    So what I’m trying to say, is that this horse would appear to be at around the right level to take this.

Clearly the most exposed horse in the race with 6 runs under her belt, her latest outing at Beverley was her first at 5 furlongs as today, where she finished a beaten 5/4 favourite in 2nd place.

I’m hoping that Tudhope gets her out smartly today and wonder if she could make all.

I am wary of the Burke newcomer, seemingly very strong in the market which is usually a pointer.
  • CMB
    Good luck mate. Not betting in this one but as you say the Burke horse attracting support.
    Mick Quinns INVINCIBLE LARNE 16/1 from 33/1 is a strange one as not bred for the trip but has halved in price and was an expensive purchase. Will be watching this one with great interest.
  • finley
    Good luck O.J
  • CMB
    2nd well done
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.