• Bacon Sarnie
    Hi all,
    Newbie here, first post.
    The weather has put paid to any interest that i had in todays racing and tomorrows looks decidedly dodgy. Therefore i have made a start on Wednesdays cards and the first at Ludlow looks an interesting affair.
    At the top of the handicap, Regal Renaissance will be having her eleventh career start and it will be her eighth round Ludlow. Both her wins have come round here, both at 2m 5f, and off marks of 94 and 96. She is up to 105 now and steps up to 3m for the first time but is definitely not out of it.
    Glance From Clover is 5lb higher than his win at Warwick in March and has been off since May. He stays very well and the ground will suit but he may just need the run.
    Sammylou may find the ground too soft and Propelled would have to show a bit more before i could contemplate touching him.
    Shuil Ceoil looks an interesting runner even though he has been missing since March. He was close up and in with a chance when coming down on his first ever start in a point at Fairyhouse PTP course 18 months ago. He has shown glimmers in his few runs over here and i feel the step up in trip can only benefit him. His last run was when third, albeit well beaten, behind two horses who have both won in the past week. They are Ed Keeper who won a valuable hurdle at Newbury on Friday and No But I Will who won a chase at Wetherby last Wednesday.
    He can only improve.
    I was taken by the way that Poppop finished at Market Rasen on his last outing and he can improve again on what will only be his eighth career start. If you watch the replay you will see that he jumped violently left at the first hurdle and again went left at the second. His hurdling did improve as the race went on but he still moved slightly left occasionally. As long as the experience of that race has been taken onboard, he must be thereabouts.
    For me, Kimberley Eve has to improve and i just cant have the two at the bottom of the weights.

Its a tricky little affair with a few having chances but i would be most interested in Poppop and Shuil Ceoil in that order.
  • AKD
    Welcome to the forum. Good post, and good luck with your selections.
  • malcolm

Welcome aboard - great write up good luck fella :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.