• MR TWISTER
    The next time that you are tempted to bet a big priced runner each-way remember that a 20/1 runner-up, when supported each-way at fifth odds, pays only the same as a 6/4 winner. Under such circumstances a stake of one point each-way would return you just five points for your total outlay of two points, equating to odds of only 6/4.
  • peregrine
    The object of betting Mr t is making a profit no matter how big or small . No good betting a 20/1 second win ! Each way you got money for another play. Greed gets to most folk but if your clever you will always get a return and the bookies don't like that do they !
  • MR TWISTER
    Far better prices on offer if you shop around and back the place instead of going each way. That's why I do a lot of win/place bets.
  • horses4courses
    The most consistently profitable bet in UK/IRL racing is
    betting E/W in a non-hcap race on a clear second favourite.
    This horse must be running against an odds-on market leader.

Learned this many years back from reading a book written by
    English professional gambler, Alex Bird. It still holds true today.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Secrets-Professional-Gambler-Alex-ebook/dp/B07145TJD4

Odds should range between 3/1 and 6/1 - passing on all handicaps.
    If you bet this regularly with the same bookmaker, chances are you'll be barred.
    In the long run, you are virtually guaranteed to turn a profit. :up:

Living in the US now, as I do, I can't make this bet any longer. :broken:
    When I visit my old friends in Ireland, I'll make a wager or two.
    Helps pay for the trip! :lol:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.