• peregrine
    Mother nature win lily hart e.way
  • peregrine
    5/1 on lily hart gives us a nice profit had taken 11/4 on mother nature still profits all that matters :up:
  • eeza
    Missed it, well done again P.
  • peregrine
    Thanks eeza and Mr t
  • malcolm

i should imagine everyone did with just 2 minutes notice :rofl:
  • peregrine
    Mal 10 mins actually :roll:
  • peregrine
    Kneejerker thanks
  • malcolm

Time of post is showing 1-32-56 (2 mins and 4 secs)

Well done anyway a profit is what its all about :clap:
  • MR TWISTER
    Have to agree with Mal here should be posted earlier, otherwise what's the point?
  • peregrine
    Well Mr t all depends if I'm busy plus it doesn't give the fiddling bookies who come on here stopping horses pretty sure that sporting life are involved in some shape or form. 10 mins was plenty enough anyway . Makes no difference as who actually backs owt I put up. All you see is the majority do pretty well and I'm making a pound or two it's only fun for me as I love taking me Spence off any bookies I fancy.
  • MR TWISTER
    What do you think about this 'statement' Peregrine?

As a professional you need to understand that you are betting against other punters and not against a bookmaker. Terms such as 'beat the bookie' and players who refer to bookmakers as 'the enemy' don't reflect the mechanics of betting. Your 'enemies' are your fellow punters, and the bookmaker provides a service through which you compete with them.
  • peregrine
    No fellow punters are on our side as for bookies they are our bank where they give a nice service providing us with cash :cool:
  • peregrine
    Just seen your post mal and I posted at 1 .25 now I don't know why the post came through onto the forum ? A delay in the system ? But I checked as I posted :roll:
  • peregrine
    Mr t how are we betting against other punters ? When you win your fellow punters don't pay you do they ? But the bookies do ! But they also take your cash especially when your not clued up . And look how rich some are like Betfred ! I wouldn't call them our friends would you .
  • MR TWISTER
    We are betting against other punters as their bets influence price. If lots of punters lump on an even money shot it becomes odds on! Other punters determine our prices.
  • peregrine
    Not always the case Mr t bookies more often than not put certain horses shorter than they should be still it's a chance you take with regards best odds occasionally they have a right old drift remember I only do it as a bit of fun don't bet everyday as lots of racing but if I don't fancy owt I don't bother.
  • MR TWISTER
    Yep agree with you about bookies putting in prices shorter that is why the likes of betfair has taken off. Yep best way don't bet if you don't fancy always other days. Advantage we have as punters we can bet when we are wanting to whereas a bookie has to price up every race.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.