• CMB
    Good luck mate looks an open race
  • dodd
    Rubbish today. Drift before the off, antics in the stalls and slow break I suppose told the story
  • dodd
    I like two today

1.50 Sedgefield Castletown the odds on fav is obviously that coming down in grade but it hasn’t won often enough for me to fancy it so I’m going ew on the front running Ringarosie who if taking off in the clear as it likes to do, I can’t see many rivals beating it home.

3.10 Lingfield Minuty is probably in with a chance based on its debut run but it didn’t improve enough for me at Wolverhampton on the follow up but as I said, not ruling it out but I can’t ignore the Charlie Hills horse Always a drama who asserted itself at the finish thouroughly on its first run On the polytrack. Slight break to overcome but I really fancy it in this.
  • dodd
    Rubbish I’m afraid. Always a drama may have made a fight of it had it been closer to the pace
  • dodd
    1.30 Fontwell I have had a good bet on the Nicky Henderson horse Dream Du Grand Val under Nico De Boinville in which is the trainer/jockeys only entry today. The bookies have this as a tight affair in a small field with my selection as the fav. The danger I think can be Magic Dancer if it gets over a hike in the weights regardless of the claim, it’s been running in higher class and can definitely get involved so I’ve done a s/fc with it beating mine as a saver. Anyways my selection, 2nd run for Nicky since coming over from France, 4th run overall and if it improves on its debut run for the trainer at Cheltenham in which it ran well enough then this affair is well within its scope with an aid applied, hopefully finds a bit at the finish on gaining experience.
  • dodd
    Yes Aypee although a R4
  • dodd
    I have backed 3 for Monday

1.00 Kempton A short price to start with but I expect it will be shorter come the off at Kempton. Extra Mag has the bare form given its win at Exeter in its second run. If improving again for David Pipe then I’d expect it to be too good for Nicky Henderson’s and Hughie Morrison’s who are both making their hurdling debut.

2.20 Ludlow I can’t ignore Caras Way the way it recovered from a blip in the middle of its last outing, it’s first of the year, to come back strongly at the business end, beating some decent horses at this level. The Venetia Williams horse is interesting aswell and I’m curious to see how it returns having come down lto.

4.00 Ludlow Smugglers Blues at double digits in a small field leads me to have a small go. It has ran well on its chase debut and didn’t have the smoothest of rounds. The step up in trip is interesting and if it’s still galloping deep into the final mile then I can’t rule it out.

GL to anyone backing my donkeys
  • dodd
    Thanks Aypee. GL mate
  • dodd
    Not to be today. Poor display from Caras way. Smugglers Blues justified the market support and ran impressively just missing out ona place
  • dodd
    1 bet today in the first at Lingfield.

1.50 Lingfield Global Wonder and Narjes have obvious chances and are near the head of the market. Narjes would’ve won their clash last time if it hadn’t got lonely in front but I’m going for top weight Stormy Blues under Rossa Ryan to spring a surprise, I think the drop back in trip will suit and I think it definitely has a decent squeak in with these rivals. 11/1 ew
  • dodd
    Thanks Aypee.

I liked the way Rossa got it handy early in the race as it proved vital as not much came from the back. Market support near the off indicates it was fancied somewhere by somebody. Beaten by a neck grrrr but what can you do. EW landed I suppose.
  • dodd
    Had a look at the first at Southwell and that will determine the rest of my day . . .

1.35 Southwell I’ve backed two and you could probably throw a blanket over a good few of these as their claims are close but Piazon is essentially a stone better off from his last run at the track where he reopposes the winner gorgeous general who he was giving a stone too lto. Marks a closer today with Harry Russell’s 7lb claim. Warrior Valley which was beaten 3 lengths by Piazon 2 races ago from a 1lb deficit has to find those 3 lengths now giving Piazon 5lb and Warrior Valley is shorter in the market. Divine Call also reopposes Piazon worse off. Piazon has run consistently enough off late for me to back him as a win selection. My other selection is High Anxiety who has crept in here and has run well on 2/3 races at the track and is dropping back in trip which looks like it will suit. It has already been backed from 28/1 so I’m on still at ew.

Piazon 7/2
    High Anxiety 20/1 ew

GL
  • dodd
    Piazon drifted like a drifting thing. Looks like I’m talking rubbish
  • dodd
    Stuck another £10 ew on Piazon for a laugh I suppose
  • dodd
    Clawed a bit back with Piazons place so onto the next one race I like.

2.40 Southwell Geography Teacher looks primed for a big run under Hollie Doyle after hopefully blowing the cobwebs away. It has won a nursery at Southwell before from a lb lighter, although not aswell as the market front two but it gets a bit of weight from them and at 5/1 currently is an ew bet to nothing in my eyes. Other one I’ve had is Not So Shy who ran well on reappearance and might have come on a bit. Not incapable in this class. 16/1
  • AKD
    Good luck, Dodd. I need Tobeeornotobee for a double, but if I mine doesn’t win I hope yours does.
  • dodd
    Thanks AKD & GL
  • AKD
    Great shout with Geography Teacher, well done.
  • dodd
    Thanks AKD. Great ride from Holly because it was in the pits at halfway
  • Bodger
    WD, nice price.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.