• malcolm
    Unlucky AKD - great write up as usual m8 :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks Malcolm.

Bet #8 - 3:15 Hamilton - Aragon Castle @ 5/2

Yet to win in 3 runs this year, but latest run was a career best when going down narrowly in a competitive looking class 4 at Goodwood. Back up to class 2 tomorrow, but I don't think that is a problem as he ran well in class 2 nurseries at York last season. Has a nice pedigree, and although he hasn't yet delivered the wins expected of him, there is still time and I think there is better to come from him.

Pisanello likes this course & distance and is 2 from 2 over it (has weakened late over two tries over half a furlong further here), I think he could run well for a place but is 7 now and has never won off a mark this high.
  • malcolm
    Good luck AKD :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks Malcolm. Pleased to finally get my first winner of the year haha. There was a Rule 4 of 10p in £ on last night's price so worked out at 9/4. Haven't watched the race yet, but he seems to have won well, Pisanello also got placed.
  • Ribot

Well done, AKD.
  • malcolm
    Well done AKD :clap:
  • AKD
    Thanks Ribot, Malcolm

Bet #9 - 5:15 Limerick - Barrier @ 6/1 generally (8/1 available with Bet365)

5 of these ran in the CD handicap (0-70) 25 days ago, including Killeemore Lad & Curious Bride who finished 1st & 2nd in that race and are prominent in betting here. But this is a 0-85 and looks a much stronger race on paper, so I am looking away from CD form and siding with the unexposed filly Barrier.

The 4yo got her first flat win when stepped up to 14f at Gowran Park earlier in the season. That win was on Soft going but she has been running on Good over jumps since then and also has placed form on G/F from last season. There are G/F going winners in family including her dam, so I don't think quicker going is a problem. She ran ok when finishing in midfield stepped up to 2 miles in a hotter race on the Derby weekend at the Curragh, and should find this more her level.

She is unexposed, having run in just 5 handicaps so far including that one win earlier in the season. She comes from a good family, dam was a handicap winner up to OR 82, and related to 3 other 80+ winners, 2nd dam was a Listed winner. Australia/Fastnet Rock nicks have produced a few winners including the recent Ribblesdale scorer Port Fairy.

It is a competitive looking race, but I am hoping Barrier has improvement to come.
  • Ribot

Good luck, AKD.
  • malcolm
    Good luck AKD :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks Ribot, Malcolm.

Barrier (5/1 SP) could finish only 6th of 12.
  • AKD
    Bet #10 - 7:00 Chepstow - 60/40 split, Rival (0.6 pt win @ 6/1) & James Park Woods (0.4 pt win @ 12/1)

Chances are that Kalama Sunrise will complete the 5-timer, but odds of 4/7 look too short which has made me look at possible value in couple of others against it. Neither of these selections is a frequent winner, JPW has a win record of 1 from 40 and Rival has just one win in his last 25 races, but both are potentially on good marks as they have been rated much higher in past. JPW is 32 lbs lower than his career-high mark of 83 from 5 years ago, and Rival was rated 28 lbs higher 3 years ago. And both come here in reasonably good form, Rival was narrowly beaten at Windsor last week and is due to go up 2 lbs. JPW placed 3/12 when last seen in May.

Both only hopeful choices but they are the ones I see as being capable of giving the favourite a race.
  • Ribot

Good luck, AKD.
  • malcolm
    Good Luck AKD - Great to hear from you m8 :up:
  • eeza
    Ew on JamesPW at 22/1
    Nicely done mate, thank you.
  • AKD
    Thanks Ribot, Malcolm, Eeza.

The favourite lost, but sadly it wasn't one of mine that beat it. My two finished 5th (Rival 10/3 SP) & 3rd (James Park Woods 7/1 SP).
  • AKD
    Bet #11 - 6:45 Wolverhampton - Sennockian @ 17/2

Nice prize on offer for this class 4. Sennockian was tailed off at Haydock last month but he has never been much good on turf. Different proposition on all weather and he showed a return to form by going close at Newcastle earlier in the week off same mark. He has finished out of places only once from 6 runs on AW.

A few in this race have won in this class or higher, but selection is one of only two that have done it on the all weather, he has won 3 times. With most bookies offering 4 places I thought about backing e/w but I am trying to stick with backing win only for now so that's what I have done.

Berkshire Nugget is yet to win but he is pretty consistent so I rate him as the main danger.
  • Ribot

Good luck, AKD.
  • malcolm
    Great to see you back AKD - Good luck m8 :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks Ribot, Malcolm.

Sennockian (8/1 SP) was well beaten in finishing 10/13.

Bet #12 - 7:25 Windsor - The Coffee Pod @ 3/1

Not a confident choice as I am not sure how the pace will work out in this small field, the confirmed front runner Almaty Star is likely to try and make all but his turf form doesn't look strong enough to suggest he can hold on against this opposition, so I am hoping my selection will be the one to take advantage if and when AS gives way.

I am mainly going on possible improvement that The Coffee Pod still might have. The only 3yo in the race, he has only had 13 races so far winning two of them. He has shown potential from the start of his career, finishing 3rd on debut in class 2 novice at Nottingham behind a couple with placed form, the first two from that race are now rated 72 & 95 so bit of mixed bag with how that form worked out but enough to suggest The Coffee Pod can be competitive from his current mark of 80. Also ran ok enough in a class 2 handicap at York when finishing 7/17 from 1 lb higher mark.
  • malcolm
    Good Luck m8 :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.